Pineapple Maple Upside down Cake
Makes 12 Jumbo muffins
18 large muffins
2/3 cup Ontario Maple Syrup
1 cup pineapple, diced
½ cup butter
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
1 cup plain or peach yogurt
1 tsp pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray muffins tins with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a Medium Sauce pan over medium heat combine maple syrup and butter cook for 2-3 minutes until butter is melted. Add pineapple and cook for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and stir until blended.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sugar and eggs, beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 3 minutes or until mixture is light and thick. Add Olive oil, yogurt, and vanilla and beat till well combined 2 minutes.
- Gradually add flour mixture and beat on low (I added the flour in 3 parts) until well combined.
- Place 1 tbsp of pineapple mixture in each muffin cup and cover with dough (right to the top edge of the muffin tin).
- Place muffin tin on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.