The Wellesley Township Fall Fair is living up to their theme for 2021 “Community Unity#Growing together” by hosting a number of early events. The fair this year will be a virtual fair and will be over the year with different community events along with more “fair events” closer to fair time September 14 & 15. Watch social media for more future updates. In the meantime here is a list of a few already planned for the coming months:
Let’s grow a Flower Garden afghan together – one square at a time. Our theme: Community Unity – Wellesley Township Flower Garden. We want your involvement and artistic flair. Open to anyone. Crochet a 12” square from an acrylic, worsted weight yarn in the colour(s) of your choice, block it and submit it to me by April 30th. You may enter as many squares as you like. These squares will be assembled into a beautiful afghan(s) and raffled as a fundraiser for Wellesley Township Fall Fair.
Prizes: 1st – $40. 2nd – $30. 3rd – $20. Have fun with it! Can’t wait to see what you come up with. Share this information.
Register: email@example.com or 519-656-2961, or for more information. Let’s get started!
Not a crocheter? – Keep tuned for an alternate idea.
Community Quilt Block Project: Let’s come together as a community and put together a quilt! We invite you to create a Winter Star quilt block. You are welcome to use either version of the Winter Star Pattern! We ask that the background of the block be in all white, or white on white fabric and for the patterned fabric please use a floral/flower patterned and colourful material for the star itself. Finished quilt block should measure 12 ½ inches square. All blocks submitted become property of the Wellesley Township Fall Fair. You can enter as many times as you wish! The blocks will be quilted, and the quilt(s) will be raffled off in 2022. Tickets will be available in 2022. Deadline for entries is June 30th. Contact for more details: Joanne – firstname.lastname@example.org, Pauline – email@example.com. The Winter Star Pattern was designed by the Missouri Star Company
Wellesley Township Poppy Project Help Us Make 100s of Poppies! We are planning a project for Wellesley Township to recognize and honour the service of Veterans. 2021 marks the Centennial of the Poppy Campaign in Canada. Our goal is to collect 100s of knitted and crocheted poppies to mark the occasion! These poppies will then be used in November to create an artistic installation which will be displayed as a Project of Remembrance at a significant place or places in the Township. We feel that this endeavor will be a unifying project with contributions from many communities within the Township.
The Wellesley Township Fall Fair is hosting a township Bottle drive May 15/21, 9am -2 pm
– two drop off locations, Linwood Community Center and Wellesley Community Centre (by pavilion)
– Will have tables set up at Linwood driveway location, and for Wellesley; tables set up at drive way by pavilion
– Both locations to be set-up as a drive thru drop off. (Similar set-up and process to the Bottle Drive hosted by Petersburg Optimist Club, Mar 20/21)
– Both locations; the public will remain in their vehicles and volunteers will remove the boxes and bottles from vehicles
– Volunteers will wear gloves and masks at all times.
– Funds raised will be divided as follows; 50% to the New Township Sports Complex and 50% to the Wellesley Township Fall Fair.
– A jar / box will be there for any donations for the Township Kitchen Cupboard.
– Will also be offering volunteer hours for any youth willing to help that day.
If any questions please feel free to contact me on my cell: 519-658-0764
Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Keep well and stay safe.
Written by Joanne Stewart, Board Member, Wellesley Township Fall Fair